- It did so by first showing me everything it was not.
- It showed me that Love at its essence is pure connection: A place to reside in (and not a transitory verb).
- It showed me all the ways in which I was reaching towards numbness and disconnection out of the deep-rooted fears of being vulnerable.
- It allowed me to see all the silly ways in which I was distracting myself from feeling fully.
- It showed me all the layers and walls I had built around my heart in my unconscious attempts to feel “safe“.
And then, it broke them down.
Though not abruptly…
It did so with love.
It held my hand and helped me remove brick by brick, it held me as I cried, it made room for me to relax when I was afraid… and it kept me going.
Until there were no more walls covering my heart and I realized that love is all there is and all there was.
That love was all I was.
And that every pain and suffering that I felt (and made others feel) throughout my life was nothing but the result of the distance that existed between me and this place within my heart.
That THIS (love) was what I had been searching for in all the wrong places…
And that what I once thought was karma, was indeed grace.
Thanks to the medicine, I finally got a glimpse of what it meant to be home.
Of what it meant to BE in love.
And from that place, what it TRULY meant to love someone else. 💚🙏🏼
May you find what you’re looking for, and may that finding transform all of you in the process.
If you feel the calling to sit with Ayahuasca, in a container held by Colombian Shamans at a sacred temple in the middle of the mountain forests, please check: